The LTC hosts face-to-face training for the National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) on behalf of the Outstanding Leaders Partnership. This programme is designed for newly appointed or aspiring headteachers.
For further information please click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Shenley Brook End School and The Hazeley Academy, alongside many of our partner schools, have been host schools for trainee headteachers who have started the NPQH. The provision of placements in the redesigned NPQH acknowledges both the significance and diversity of school contexts. Placements also provide opportunities for trainee headteachers to gain insights into unfamiliar contexts and experience different leadership styles.
Placements provide trainee headteachers with opportunities to develop their leadership expertise further and to practise the skills of contextual literacy, i.e. the ability to read context accurately, make judgements about priorities and recognise the leadership behaviours required to address school improvement priorities.
The placement will provide an opportunity for the trainee headteacher to:
- experience excellence and be influenced by highly effective school leaders
- undertake a leadership task negotiated with the placement headteacher
- challenge thinking and develop leadership skills in different contexts
- understand leadership challenges within different contexts
- address some leadership development needs identified in the PDR
- practise and further develop contextual literacy skills.
To discuss an NPQH placement please contact email@example.com